Nail fungus, also known as Onychomycosis, is a fungal infection of the nail, and also the most common disease to affect a person’s nails. Although both fingernails and toenails can be affected by this infection, it is more commonly seen in toenails. There are several methods for controlling nail fungus, but none compare to the newest method for eliminating nail fungus. This new method is laser toenail fungus removal and is performed using lasers such as the GenesisPlus by Cutera. Here are 5 basic benefits to having a laser treatment instead of one of the more traditional treatments:
- No Side Effects – Unlike treatments involving topical or oral medications, laser toe nail fungus treatment has no side effects.
- The Laser Treatment Is Effective – Using a laser to treat nail fungus works by removing the fungi’s spores at the core.
- Receiving A Laser Treatment Is An Easy Procedure – When a person receives a laser treatment, all they have to do is visit their doctor and let the laser do the work. Other treatment options require a client to maintain a schedule of applying creams and/or taking pills, which can be quite overbearing for some clients.
- It Is A Very Quick Procedure – Receiving a laser nail fungus treatment requires you to visit the doctor to receive the treatment (which usually takes about an hour) and nothing else. Other treatments require follow up exams, a schedule of creams and pills and are really inconvenient for a client that doesn’t have a lot of time on their hands.
- Laser Toenail Fungus Treatments Last – According to the results from a clinical study, over 80% of the people that received a laser toenail fungus treatment experienced healthy toenails for up to a whole year later.
With all the benefits that using a laser treatment has, it’s hard to imagine why anyone wouldn’t want to treat their nail fungus with a laser toenail fungus removal as opposed to one of the more traditional treatments.